DOCTOR OF PHARMACY ONLINE ADMISSION
Learn More About Application Requirements and Important Dates for Our Online Pathway.
At Butler University, we believe that student-centered education grounded in experiential learning and innovative teaching methods can cultivate the leaders of tomorrow. From pharmacy to business to data analytics, our graduate programs integrate transformative and holistic academic studies with real-world, immersive experiences that prepare students to excel after graduation.
We foster a positive learning environment that helps students thrive within our connected community. Our students graduate with invaluable experience gained throughout their programs, ready to make an impact in their careers and lives. Are you ready to join our ambitious community of Bulldogs?
PROGRAM ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
All applicants to the Doctor of Pharmacy online pathway must possess a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution or the international equivalent prior to enrollment. See the Application Requirements section for more information.
- BA/BS degree required
- Successful completion of the nine math and science pre-requisite courses listed below
- Cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher recommended
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
Candidates should submit the following with their PharmCAS application:
- PharmCAS application fee of $175 for the first application and $75 for each subsequent application
- Official transcripts from all institutions the applicant has attended
- Personal statement
Your Personal Essay should address why you selected pharmacy as a career and how the Doctor of Pharmacy degree relates to your immediate and long-term professional goals. Describe how your personal, educational, and professional background will help you achieve your goals. The personal essay is an important part of your application for admission and provides you with an opportunity to clearly and effectively express your ideas.
Do not personalize your essay for a particular pharmacy degree institution. You cannot make any edits to your personal essay after you have e-submitted your completed application to PharmCAS.
Butler recommends you use the PharmCAS required personal statement as a way to give the Admission Committee a chance to get to know you better as an individual, which could include challenges you have faced as well as accomplishments outside of your academic record.
Butler’s PharmD supplementary questions:
- How did you learn about Butler’s PharmD degree?
- What concentrations, second majors, or minors did you complete or seriously pursue during your undergraduate academic career? When listing these, please indicate if it was or will be completed prior to the start of the PharmD program.
- Is there anything about you that the Admission Committee should know that is not covered in any other section of your application?
To enter this program, you must be a U.S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident.
- The Admission Committee will determine if an interview is needed upon reviewing completed and verified PharmCAS applications. In-person interviews OR virtual interviews are available for candidates if travel to our campus could be prohibitive due to your location, your health status, or other outside commitments on scheduled interview days—all of which could limit your ability to travel.
- All applicants will complete a proctored writing sample as part of our interview process based on a prompt provided at the time of the exercise.
- You will also have the opportunity to learn more about our programs and meet some of our faculty, staff, and students.
|Prerequisites for this program||Credits||Grade||Description|
|General Chemistry 1 with lab||4.0||2.0||N/A|
|General Chemistry 2 with lab||4.0||2.0||N/A|
|Organic Chemistry 1 with lab||4.0||2.0||N/A|
|Organic Chemistry 2 with lab||4.0||2.0||N/A|
|Calculus||4.0||2.0||The content of this course includes Calculus and Analytical Geometry|
|Cell Biology||3.0||2.0||The lab is optional|
|Microbiology with lab||3.0||2.0||N/A|
|Human Anatomy and Physiology 1||4.0||2.0||At Butler, Human Anatomy and Physiology are taught together as a 2-semester sequence. We do evaluate and often accept separate, 1-semester each, Anatomy and Physiology courses. Labs for these courses are optional.|
|Human Anatomy and Physiology 2||4.0||2.0||At Butler, Human Anatomy and Physiology are taught together as a 2-semester sequence. We do evaluate and often accept separate, 1-semester each, Anatomy and Physiology courses. Labs for these courses are optional.|
Bachelor’s degree required.