At Butler University, we believe that a student-centered education grounded in experiential learning and innovative teaching methods can cultivate the leaders of tomorrow. From business to communications to data analytics, our graduate programs integrate transformative and holistic academic studies with real-world, immersive experiences that prepare students to excel after graduation.
We foster a positive learning environment that helps students thrive within our connected community. Our students graduate with invaluable experience gained throughout their programs, ready to make an impact in their careers and lives. Are you ready to join our ambitious community of Bulldogs?
Program Admission Requirements
All applicants to the Master’s in Strategic Communication must possess a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution or the international equivalent prior to enrollment at the graduate level.
International Applicant Requirements
International applicants must additionally submit the following:
- TOEFL scores or equivalent proof of English proficiency
- A clear copy of your passport
- Evidence of financial support
- Copies of official transcripts may be uploaded in the online application for application review only. Applicants who receive an offer of admission will be required at that time to submit official final transcripts issued directly from the institution(s) for verification prior to enrollment. More information is available in the application for admission.
- TOEFL = 213 (computer-based), 79 (internet-based), 550 (paper-based)
- IELTS = 6.0
- MELAB = 80
Candidates should submit the following documents with their Butler Application:
- Personal Statement
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Official transcripts or copies of official transcripts from all colleges and universities where candidates:
- Earned a degree
- Earned more than 15 credits (undergraduate and graduate)
- Completed any program prerequisite (regardless of number of credit hours)
- Completed courses for which candidates are applying for transfer credit
- Current Résumé
While we look at all submission components of an application, an acceptable GMAT or GRE score needs to be met for admission into the program, unless you meet the GRE/GMAT exemption criteria listed below.
- The average GMAT score for students currently in the program is approximately 590.
- We will accept GRE scores that have been converted to a predicted GMAT score using the GRE Comparison Tool for Business Schools found on the GRE website. The GRE conversion must be on the 130–170 GRE Score Scale. A minimum Predicated GMAT Total Score of 500 or higher is required.
- We accept GRE and GMAT scores that have been taken within the past 5 years.
GMAT/ GRE scores for candidates who meet any one of the requirements listed below are eligible for an automatic exemption and will not need to fill out a waiver form.
- Applicants with an undergraduate cumulative college GPA of 3.0 or higher from an accredited university
- Applicants who have received a Masters degree from an accredited university
- Four years of full-time, professional and applicable work experience