At Butler University, we believe that student-centered education grounded in experiential learning and innovative teaching methods can cultivate the leaders of tomorrow. From business to communications to data analytics, our graduate programs integrate transformative and holistic academic studies with real-world, immersive experiences that prepare students to excel after graduation.
We foster a positive learning environment that helps students thrive within our connected community. Our students graduate with invaluable experience gained throughout their programs, ready to make an impact in their careers and lives. Are you ready to join our ambitious community of Bulldogs?
Program Admission Requirements
All applicants to the Online Masters of Business Administration program must possess a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution or the international equivalent prior to enrollment at the graduate level.
International Applicant Requirements
International applicants must additionally submit the following:
- TOEFL scores or equivalent proof of English proficiency
- A clear copy of your passport
- Evidence of financial support
International students from non-English speaking countries must meet the minimum scores listed below:
- TOEFL = 213 (computer-based), 79 (internet-based), 550 (paper-based)
- IELTS = 6.0
- MELAB = 80
While we look at all submission components of an application, an acceptable GMAT or GRE score needs to be met for admission into the program:
- The average GMAT score for students currently in the program is approximately 590.
- We will accept GRE scores that have been converted to a predicted GMAT score using the GRE Comparison Tool for Business Schools found on the GRE website. The GRE conversion must be on the 130–170 GRE Score Scale. A minimum Predicated GMAT Total Score of 500 or higher is required.
- We accept GRE and GMAT scores that have been taken within the past 5 years.
Candidates should submit the following documents with their Butler Application:
- Personal Statement
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Official Transcripts
- Current Résumé
- GMAT/GRE Scores
Supplementary Application Materials
Submit all supplementary application materials directly to:
Office of Graduate Admission
4600 Sunset Avenue
Indianapolis, IN 46208
Alternatively, application materials may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
GMAT/GRE Waiver Request Requirements
GMAT/GRE waivers are considered on a case-by-case basis and are not guaranteed. Applicants that wish to apply for a GMAT/GRE waiver must meet the below requirements for the highest conferred degree they have obtained. Applicants can request the waiver by completing the GMAT/GRE Waiver Request Form.
Candidates with a conferred master's degree or terminal degree (PhD, JD, MD, PharmD, etc.) are not required to take the GMAT, but must still complete the GMAT/GRE Waiver Request Form.
All other applicants can submit a GMAT/GRE waiver. To be eligible for a waiver consideration, students must meet at least two of the following criteria:
- Conferred Bachelor's degree with a cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher;
- Five or more years of professional experience with increasing levels of responsibility (excluding internships);
- Demonstration of quantitative and/or analytical expertise through performance in coursework, professional certifications (for example, but not limited to, CFA, CPA, Six Sigma Black Belt), or tangible job activities.
Waiver decisions will be communicated to the applicant within 10–15 business days via email. Applicants that do not meet at least two of the above criteria will be denied a GMAT waiver.