ONLINE MBA ADMISSION
Learn More about Application Requirements and Important Dates for Our Online Program.
At Butler University, we believe that student-centered education grounded in experiential learning and innovative teaching methods can cultivate the leaders of tomorrow. From business to communications to data analytics, our graduate programs integrate transformative and holistic academic studies with real-world, immersive experiences that prepare students to excel after graduation.
We foster a positive learning environment that helps students thrive within our connected community. Our students graduate with invaluable experience gained throughout their programs, ready to make an impact in their careers and lives. Are you ready to join our ambitious community of Bulldogs?
Scholarships are available for qualifying applicants. For more information, connect with an enrollment advisor by emailing OnlineMBA@butler.edu or calling 317-324-3825.
MEET ALEX T.
Online MBA Student
Alex T., a Strategic Workflow Consultant at Roche and first-year Online MBA student, wanted to become a better people leader. Though still an early career professional, he saw pursuing an advanced business degree as the most straightforward pathway to professional growth. Butler University’s Online MBA program offered Turner the opportunity to achieve his goals while continuing to advance his career.Read Alex’s Story
PROGRAM ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
All applicants to the Online Masters of Business Administration program must possess a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution or the international equivalent prior to enrollment at the graduate level.
Candidates should submit the following documents with their Butler Application:
- Personal Statement
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Official transcripts or copies of official transcripts from all colleges and universities where candidates:
- Earned a degree
- Earned more than 15 credits (undergraduate and graduate)
- Completed any program prerequisite (regardless of number of credit hours)
- Completed courses for which candidates are applying for transfer credit
- Current Résumé
- GMAT/GRE Scores
- Applicants must submit a $35 application fee. Early decision applicants are eligible to waive their application fee.
International applicants must additionally submit the following:
- TOEFL scores or equivalent proof of English proficiency
- A clear copy of your passport
International students from non-English speaking countries must meet the minimum scores listed below:
- TOEFL = 213 (computer-based), 79 (internet-based), 550 (paper-based)
- IELTS = 6.0
- MELAB = 80
While we look at all submission components of an application, an acceptable GMAT or GRE score needs to be met for admission into the program, unless you meet the GRE/GMAT exemption criteria.
- The average GMAT score for students currently in the program is approximately 590.
- We will accept GRE scores that have been converted to a predicted GMAT score using the GRE Comparison Tool for Business Schools found on the GRE website. The GRE conversion must be on the 130–170 GRE Score Scale. A minimum Predicated GMAT Total Score of 500 or higher is required.
- We accept GRE and GMAT scores that have been taken within the past 5 years.
GMAT/ GRE scores for candidates who meet any one of the requirements listed below are eligible for an automatic exemption and will not need to fill out a waiver form.
- Applicants with an undergraduate cumulative college 3.0 GPA
- Four years of professional work experience
All GMAT/GRE waivers are considered on a case-by-case basis, and an approved waiver request does not guarantee admission to the program. You are welcome to submit your scores for consideration if you meet the exemption requirements.
Submit all supplementary application materials directly to:
Office of Graduate Admission
4600 Sunset Avenue
Indianapolis, IN 46208
Alternatively, application materials may be emailed to email@example.com.
Deadline scholarships available to eligible students. Scholarships will be distributed for fall and spring semesters over the course of your enrollment.